Other than stress, atmosphere and other factors, a mattress plays a key role in a good night’s sleep. Your mattress must provide proper support to your back, especially pressure points for best results. A king size mattress is usually 76 inches X 80 inches or about 193 cms X 203 cms. These mattresses offer ultimate comfort and ensure that you enjoy a good sleep.
How to Choose
- One of the first things that must be kept in mind is the size of your bed. If you don’t have a bed that is King Size, then you really don’t need a king size mattress. Smaller size mattresses are also available easily and you can find one that fits your bed. Pick a mattress that complies to health guidelines too.
- Ideally you should measure the bed from the inside edges along with the width and length to get the correct size. Remember that even different stores might deviate a inch or two when it comes to size specifications. So make sure that you are double-checking on the same.
- The king size mattress s have many advantages. There are some adjustable variations available these days too. The headrest can be inclined to a suitable angle so that one can rise up to watch TV or read books. The footrest can also be moved up, to give the person complete relaxation. King size adjustable mattresses are flexible at both the ends.
- Memory foam mattresses give you a zero gravity position, as these are very pliable and can mold to suitable shapes.
What can Go Wrong?
- It should be kept in mind that you must not blindly follow what the shopkeeper or website is saying. Some crucial factors must be evaluated. The main disadvantage is that the king size mattresses may compress faster if you opt for the adjustable ones.
- Ideally, latex foam mattresses are affordable and also make sense to buy when you are investing in a bigger size mattress. Overweight people can opt for these mattresses as these will not compress quickly and are very durable. These provide extra cushioning which one will surely love to have.
- Coil spring king size mattresses are best when it comes to adjusting to body’s shape, which give the person more support.
- Dual beds are especially designed for couples. These comprise of two mattresses and each side can be adjusted to attain the desired softness level.
- Additional settings are also available in these mattresses. Some mattresses are equipped with heating units, which are very helpful to relieve back pains. These consist of two slow motors of low voltages. Vibrating feature is available along with adjustable beds, which can remove all the daily stress, and enrich blood circulation. Pressing buttons at sides or setting in the remote control can control this vibration.
Both queen and king size mattresses come in various materials and if you are not really sure about what is suited for your body type, it is best to consult an expert. Remember that a soft mattress might work for someone else, but the same soft king size mattress can give you terrible back pain. Even the height can be adjusted to suit person of all age group. Consider these factors before buying one. Also, look into the height of the mattress. A 6-8 inch may be ideal for most homes. Go higher and you will just end up paying a higher price. Unless specified medically, it really doesn’t make sense to invest in something that is too high.