In cold countries, people need hot water for one or the other purpose. Boiling water every now and then could be a difficult task for many. Hot water system that is easy in operation and works on thermodynamic process, proffers warm water for cooking, bathing and also for cleaning. There are numerous water heaters that can be used domestically and commercially. Some of these appliances are listed below-
- Storage or tank-type water heater- These appliances are fit for domestic and commercial use. A vessel that is cylindrical in shape is used to make the water hot for the longer time. For household purpose, you can install seventy-five to four hundred liters capacity of water heater. Sources used to make the water hot are natural gas, solar energy, electricity, propane and heating oil. In European countries, the water heaters operated by natural gas are used and popular. With these hot water system in your house to remain tension-free during the coolest winter.
- Tank less heater- Some of the other famous name of this kind of heater are “inline heater”, “instantaneous heater”, “flash heater” and “ on-demand heater”. Water when passes through the device get heated up automatically. Heat exchange of coppers is mostly used in such appliances as it has high heat conductivity. It can be installed in homes in order to achieve uninterrupted supply of hot water.
- Solar heater- Solar energy is being utilized to heat up the water stored in tanks and other devices. In many countries, people install solar plates on the top of their house so that maximum solar energy can be collected. These plates are connected to the integrated system that heats up the stored water. It is the safest and most economical way to get hot water in winters.
- Geothermal heaters- Iceland and other European countries which are near to volcanoes and where the climate remains cold and chilly for maximum months of the year utilize the geothermal heating process to avail hot water supply.
There are some of the recommendations which can be followed to avail perfect water heater-
- Cost– The most important things which can be considered initially before implementing water heater is the price and operating cost. After evaluating these two factors you can choose the best water heater from the above-mentioned list.
- Size of your household- Depending upon the space area of your home you can select water heater. A heater should be portable and it should not acquire much space in your home.
- Available sources of energy– If you can utilize solar energy or any other natural source for heating water then installing solar heater or geothermal heater can prove much economical and energy saving options.
- Local climate– You can install water heater after evaluating climate of the place as well.
- Gas emissions– As gas emitted from such heaters lead to green house effects therefore, it is important to implant solar and geothermal heater which do not cause air pollution.
To deal out with the critical situations arising from hazardous use of water heaters, you need to follow certain safety tips and rules.
- There is a possibility that explosions may occur in such heating appliances. You can use TPR valve which is designed to measure temperature and pressure of these appliances. Whenever these increase this safety valve automatically cuts down the electric power from heater. You can call up the professionals to install such safety devices in your heater system of home as well.
- Scalding often occurs with usage of such appliances. To avoid such situation, you can make use of tempering valve. It ensures appropriate mixture of cold as well as hot water for human use.
If you want to know more about these hot water system then have a look to get additional and other important information.