If you are wondering how to select suitable wood heater for the upcoming winter season, it is important to look at different facts that would help to take the correct decision. There has been a marked difference in the style of traditional wood heaters, and those that you use at present. Apart from the functionality, you must also look to the designs and the heat generation capacity of the wood heaters when you buy them for your home and office. Against the settings of the cozy room, you need to look for a product that is compatible with the overall environment. There are many more tips that have to be followed to get the heater of your dreams.
Reasons for the burner:
- One of the most important factors is the overall appeal of the heater that makes it very popular among the users.
- Classic casted models are available in the store along with the steel and ceramic theme. People can enjoy log fire right in their homes surrounded by the contemporary environment. Therefore, proper selection of the wood heater is crucial for the users.
You can choose from the cassette models or the firebox heaters:
- Style plays a crucial role in finding the device suiting the specifications of the clients. Sometimes, black matted firebox with four legs on the trot can make a difference to your entire home ambience.
- Period style homes can use the burner that imparts a different look and feel in an impeccable manner. It is available in different colors such as white and pink.
- Classical products in the form of 360-degree designs have now become popular among manypeople. Cassette model is also in vogue that can easily fit into the wall without any hassles.
The amount of heat:
- Choice of the product depends on the amount of heat it generates. It is vital to check the area of the room before proceeding ahead with the purchase.
- If you are confused, call the heating engineer and get the area measured.
The technology of wood heating:
- Combustion technology independent of catalysts initiates the burning process right inside the firebox.
- One of the major factors that can help to accomplish the task is firebox insulation but you can order for more effective customized designs, by diverting the gas flow. In addition, you can also ask for tiny holes inside the stove to facilitate the entry of the combustible air.
- As far as, catalytic combustion is concerned, smoky gasses are passed through the pipes as they are exposed to the ceramic honeycombs that are embedded inside the heater.
- They are lever operated and hence more effective when compared to the noncatalytic versions.
Efficiency is the key:
- If the heater is taking a lot of power to regulate the temperature of the specific area inside the house, one might have to look at the efficiency of the device, as nobody would like to pay thousands of bucks as energy bills.
- The total output of the heater is mentioned in BTU or British thermal units and it needs to be in the range of 7000 to 20,000 to be effective in large homes.
- Manufacturers use their own testing parameters to judge the power of the heaters. In short, the output figures would help you to take right decisions.
If the size of the room is big coupled with open spaces, one should opt for products that have a big chamber for combustion to take place in an effective manner. Generally, the total size should be more than 3 square feet.