Usually, an air conditioner machine comes with 2 separate units. In case of a Window AC, both these units are attached together and hence they take up a lot of space. However, in case of a Split AC, as the name suggests, there are 2 separate units. One is the indoor unit, which generates the cold air and the other is the outdoor unit. When it comes to installation and usage, a Split AC is more convenient than a Window Air Conditioning. Split air conditioner comes with a separate unit as indoor and outdoor unit. Apart from that, a split system air conditioner has the air filter, which can provide you fresh and cool airflow. Some split air conditioners come with the humidity controller, and they can also control the humidity level of your home. During the hottest summer, you need to install a powerful split system air conditioner, which will keep your room cool all the time. Split air conditioners come with different capacity and you need to install the perfect capacity air conditioner according to your room size.
Increasing the Longevity of your Split AC – A Couple of Useful Tips
Air conditioners, especially Split ACs are very delicate and needs to be handled with care. They are quite expensive items and in order to make sure that they run for a long period, proper care should be taken.
- Filters: In case of an air conditioning machine, filters play a very important role. Therefore, it is very important to make sure that the filters are being cleaned on a regular basis, and they need to be changed at least twice a year. If you have damaged and dirty filters, then this would increase the repair and maintenance cost of the AC.
- Compressor: Compressor is one of the most vital parts of an AC. An air conditioning machine would simply not operate if there were any issues with the compressor. It is very important to clean the compressor at a regular interval. If you are not confident working with the compressor, then get in touch with a professional who has the required expertise and skills to deal with it.
- Evaporator Coil: This is another important part of an air conditioning system. While air is passing through the system, it is the job of the evaporator coil to absorb the heat and provide cold air. It is important to replace the evaporator coil at a regular interval in order to improve both the flow of air and its circulation. Evaporator coils are easily available in the market. This coil is generally installed in the outdoor units, which need to be cleaned and installed in a spacious place. When you hire some professionals for cleaning and maintenance of this air conditioner, they will change this coil and they will also check the gas cylinder of the split system air conditioner.
- Air Ducts: Cleaning of the air ducts at a regular interval is also an important aspect of AC maintenance. The interior of an air conditioning system is covered with air ducts, which are responsible for generating cold air. Therefore, it is very important to make sure that the air ducts are cleaned at a regular interval.
- Refrigerant: An air conditioning machine has a refrigerant, which absorbs the excess heat and generate cool air. It is important to make sure that there is no leakage in the refrigerant of the air conditioner.
Apart from these, there is one more important aspect of split system air conditioner, which you need to keep in mind. You must ensure that the place where the air conditioning machine is installed is free from all kinds of dusts and dirt.