Children are the hope for our future and they are the ones that will shape the life for the new generations to come. Thus, children should be brought up carefully, instilling in them proper values and ideas. One of the many ways in training children is by allowing them to pay outdoor sports. Many schools have recognized this and have added sport in their active curriculum. A sport, in addition to building the physique, develops the mind as well. Research has shown that the children taking part in sports have:
- Better self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Show less signs of depression
- Better mood
- Healthy leadership traits
- The ability to incorporate and work effectively in a team.
- Better accountability and dedication
These points are enough to prove that sports play a very important aspect in proper mental and physical development of children.
Why do we need shade sails?
Unfortunately, these days the children are mostly geared towards computer and other virtual games. However, the indoors games fail to deliver the same effect as outdoor sports do. This can only be changed if children are sent out to play daily. This can be ensured by preparing a protective shade where they can play without getting bothered by the sun. This is where shade sails for schools come in. They provide a canopy, protecting the playground so that the children can play irrespective of the weather changes and effects on the outdoors.
Benefits of shade sails for schools
- Protection from UV: The shade sails for schools ensure that the children playing outside are protected from the harmful UV rays of the sun. The sun radiates ultraviolet light along with visible light that cannot be seen by our eyes. These harmful UV rays are not filtered due to ozone holes in the atmosphere and can cause skin cancer with longer periods of exposure.
- Cooler Area to play: The shade sails provide a cooler play area during the hot summers as it provides a shade area. This is a preferred choice by children as it allows them to play in a cool place irrespective of the weather outside without the risk of scenarios like sunburn and sunstroke.
- Ventilation: Shade sails for schools are usually constructed with fabrics. These usually have fine mesh knitting which allows surrounding air to circulate, further cooling down the area.
- Comfortable place to eat: Benches can be arranged under the shade sails, which create a pleasant area to eat their meals. This is often preferred by children in comparison to a warm building.
- A Vibrant outdoor area: Shade sails for schools are usually constructed off bright colors. This creates a colorful area outside of the conventional class room. Teachers can conduct classes out here, bringing young children and toddlers closer to the outdoors will also open up their minds for learning. Research has shown this method of alternate classrooms amidst nature helps in the development of cognitive functions and aesthetic sense of the children of this age. In turn this helps to shape them as better human beings.
This significantly illustrates what role shade sails for schools play. According to some eminent educationists this helps and plays the same role as a well-structured curriculum. Thus, it should be made mandatory for kindergartens and primary schools to have shade sails so that the children can get the best of physical exercise at all times. There are end number of benefits with the shade sails, and the schools will benefit for many years once they get these installed in their property.