The key part to any kind of hydronic heating system is a boiler that efficiently heats the water with almost no loss of heat. Along with the standard boiler that is used in hydronic heating systems, there are few more different types of boilers available. The different options are –
- Hydronic Water Heater That Does Not Have A Tank: This heater is much smaller than a traditional one. Also, it is designed in such a way that it allows efficient hot water for heating only on demand.
- A Boiler that Combines Heating Systems and Hot Water: These boilers were initially used for commercial purpose but now these are making appearances in residential units as well. These boilers are designed for heating tankless water and water from tanks.
- A Solar Water Heater: This alone won’t be able to provide enough hot water but can increase the efficiency of energy use and work in combination with a boiler. A solar panel warms the water, which runs in the tubes located inside a tank for storage of water. This process creates natural pre-heated water, which does not require a lot of heat energy from the boiler to increase the temperature.
- A Geothermal Heat Pump: This is one of the hydronic heating boilers that work very similar to the solar water heater. The geothermal pump can warm the water with the help of warmth that is found deep below the ground. Also, this pump reduces the overall reliance on electricity, oil, or natural gas required to raise the temperature of the water to a certain level.
Features of A Hydronic Heating Boiler
There are four key factors that play distinctive roles in the functioning of the entire hydronic heating system.
- The Power Source of Hydronic Heating Boilers – The boilers work with the help of different sources of power, like electricity, solar power, natural gas, and LPG. Because of the ability of gas, wood or solar power sources, to emit few particles when compared to others, the power source plays a crucial role in the overall functioning of the system. Also, to gain maximum benefit of the power source, it is very important to insulate the boiler to reduce loss of heat.
- Heating Controls – Different types of radiators usually control heat with the help of thermostat, which enables the user to personalize temperature based on his/her requirements. Even though the thermostat is a great part to regulate temperature, it should not be frequently used. This is because the overall efficiency of the boiler gets affected. Based on these above two reasons, it is better to use a thermostat that functions automatically. This automatic thermostat can easily control the boiler.
- Pressure of The Hydronic Heating Boiler – Pressure needs to be controlled in order to ensure that the boiler functions optimally. The pressure of the boiler should be set at 1 bar and can increase up to 4 bars. If the pressure falls below 1 bar, then the boiler stops working.
- Piping of The Hydronic Heating Boiler – This is one of the aspects that are not given importance when boilers are taken into consideration. If the network of the pipes is shorter, the performance of the system will be much better. This is because the amount of heat loss would be considerably reduced, which in turn allows the boilers to function optimally by using less energy.
The efficiency of the hydronic heating boilers is the most important factor that needs to be considered. If the user thinks that the functioning is wrong, a reputed technician should be called for fixing the issue. Make sure you call an experienced person for the job.