Getting your first tattoo is indeed an exciting feeling. You think for hours about the design and where the tattoo would get imprinted. Tattoos are becoming increasingly popular as they are an effective way to express yourself and add a new dimension to your personality. Many people have one or two tattoos, and some have an entire arm or leg covered with those intricate designs. Once you have decided upon the design and the colours and the suite, the next essential tap is to decide where to get inked.
With so many parlours emerging each day, it is indeed a daunting task to find out the best tattoo shops and parlours. Also, with each shop claiming to be the best, it can be confusing as to where to head. So, how would you know which tattoo shop to go to and which one would be safe? Well, to make things simpler, here is a brief guide on how to locate the right tattoo parlour.
What to Look for In the Best Tattoo Shops and Parlours?
Many people wonder if tattoos are safe as the process involves the use of one or more needles. The top layer of the skin is peeled, and tiny drops of ink are then inserted based on the design. The process is somewhat painful but endurable. Getting tattoos are completely safe but you need to go to the best tattoo shops and parlours.
Here Are Some of The Points That You Can Keep in Mind to Get the Best Tattoo Shop and Parlour:
- The first aspect to study is if the government regulates the tattoo shop/ parlours or not. Most of the tattoo shops are licensed by the government. However, rules related to the license can differ from state to state, and even from city to city.
- Browse many parlours and look around before settling for one. Read reviews and ask for referrals to make your mind. It is essential to invest some time and research before you finalize the one.
- Check out the cleanliness when looking for the best tattoo shops and parlours. Hygiene is essential as you would not want any infections. Thus, cleanliness and safety should be the priority.
- Explore the Portfolios and reputation of the tattoo artists. Ask for the original work and don’t believe the images they post. One needs to ensure that one’s tattoo artist can do a great job and give excellent results. He should be well trained and experienced.
- If possible, you can also ask them to show the demo work. It is really important to have an idea of how he performs the art of tattoo application. As there are many different styles and genres of tattooing, ensure that the artist understands what exactly you are looking for.
Once you have found the place which fulfills all the essential aspects, finalize and get the process begun in the best tattoo shops and parlours.
Various Safety Tips Followed by the Tattoo Artist
The do not only have the best artists but also follow the safety tips. Here are some signs that your tattoo artist is following all the safety precautions.
- The tattoo artist should always wear new disposable gloves to minimalize any risk of contamination.
- The gloves need to be thrown in the trash when the tattoo making is over.
- He should always use needles from sealed containers and the ink from new pigment trays.
- A tattoo shop with a sterilization machine is a good sign. Still, don’t be afraid to ask about the sterilization process and the disinfectants used.
- Ask about the inks and where they come from as some inks might contain metals and solvents which are not regulated by the government.