Orthodontics which is a special branch in dentistry helps to diagnose, prevent and correct any malposition of jaws or teeth. Crooked teeth are difficult to clean, and they get spoiled early due to periodontal disease or some sort of tooth decay. They can also give extra stress to the chewing muscles which may result in TMJ syndrome, headache, and pain in the shoulder, back, and neck. They also don’t look nice on a person. There are many solutions to previous orthodontics which are developed to ensure a healthier mouth, teeth which will last longer and look more pleasing. Not let us see how you will know that you need a solution to previous orthodontics.
How To Know If You Need Orthodontics.
It is recommended to visit your dentist or orthodontist to be sure if you can benefit from the solution to previous orthodontics. There are diagnostic tools which include full medical health and dental health history, plaster models of the configuration of your teeth, clinical exam, photographs and X-rays after which your orthodontist is going to tell you if you need it or not. Some of the popular problems that can be cured of the solution to previous orthodontics are:
- Underbite – When the upper teeth are placed backwards, and the lower teeth are placed very forward, it looks like a bulldog and is termed as an underbite.
- Overbite – When the upper front teeth are lying forward, or it sticks out over your lower teeth, it is referred to as an overbite.
- Open bite – If there is space between the biting surface of the side teeth and front teeth, it is an open bite.
- Crossbite – If both the upper teeth and lower teeth bite together normally and the upper teeth don’t come before the lower teeth, it is referred to as crossbite.
- Spacing – When there are gaps and spaces between the teeth due to some missing teeth which don’t fill up space in your mouth.
- Misplaced Midline – When the center of the upper teeth is not in line with the center of the lower teeth, it is referred to as misplaced midline.
- Crowding – When there is more number of teeth which can’t be accommodated in the ridge, it is known as crowding.
What is the solution to the previous orthodontics problem?
# 1. General Soreness
While the orthodontic treatment is going on, it is possible that your teeth might get a little loosened which means that there is movement in them. Due to this movement, there might be some tenderness, mostly after your braces get adjusted or placed. If it is a minor soreness, you can treat it by rinsing your face with hot water and salt twice a day. You can also take acetaminophen (Tylenol®) or Ibuprofen (Advil®) with water if the pain is more.
# 2. Broken or Loose Bracelets
This is one of the most common problems which needs a solution to previous orthodontics. If the bracelets become loose, that means you have been trying to eat some sticky, hard food or you have been playing with it. You need not worry if the bracelet is broken, but it might rotate or slide on the wire. There is orthodontic wax which is available and it can be used to get it fixed.
# 3. Loose Band
The bands will become loose if you are eating some sticky or hard candies or foods. If you face such a kind of problem, the solution to previous orthodontics is that you consult your doctor and get it fixed.
# 4. Wire Ends come out and Poke
If the wires of the brace come out, it might also irritate your cheek. You can push back the wire inside the molar teeth with the help of a cotton swab.
These are some of the solutions to previous orthodontics, and we hope it helps you. It is always advisable to keep your teeth healthy because it serves a great function to our body.