Web scrubbers are an effective source of air pollution control devices which can be used for removing particles and gases coming from any industrial exhaust streams. The operating of a wet scrubber depends on introducing a dirty gas with a liquid used for scrubbing. The scrubbing liquid collects all the particles into it. These scrubbers can also be used for heat recovery from hot gases that emanate from commercial machines.
The most appropriate air controlling device is the wet scrubber which can control both gas as well as particulates into a single system. There are many offerings made by the pollution systems of a variety of scrubbers which are specially designed to process the applications.
Different Types of Web Scrubbers:
- Particulate scrubbers
- Venturi scrubbers
- Dust scrubbers
- Chemical scrubbers
- Gas scrubbers
- Ammonia scrubbers
- Chlorine scrubbers
The web scrubber systems consist of the following:
- Eliminator of mist
- A recycling system for pumping
- Fan system and ductwork
- Scrubbing liquid treatment
- Exhaust Stacks
- Scrubbing liquid treatment
Web scrubbers are providing efficient usage for petrol refineries for pollutants reduction, chemical processes, Steel making industries, acid manufacturing plantations etc.
Design of A Wet Scrubber
The design of wet scrubber depends on the industrial process and the condition where the nature of air pollutants is involved. Gaseous pollutants can be collected in a wet scrubber. So, the design of a wet scrubber depends on the way in which they can be collected and put together. Wet scrubbers can be built in many numbers of configurations depending on their versatility.
How does the wet scrubber actually work?
By capturing the dust particles into droplets of the liquid, wet scrubbers can remove all the particles of dust. Those droplets are then collected and the liquid which is absorbing or dissolving the polluted gases is also involved.
The ability of a wet scrubber is to collect small particles and this is directly proportional to the input power that goes into the scrubber. Spray tower’s, which are low energy-based devices, can be used to collect the particles that are larger than 5 micrometers. For the removal of every micrometer particle, a high energy source is required. In fact, high quality wet scrubbers are also used for recovering heat form hot gases through the method of condensation. These scrubbers can neutralize the effect of toxic gases and make the surrounding air purer in spirit.
Advantages of Wet Scrubbers:
- In web scrubbers, the flue has us filled and this will result in the small overall size of the equipment.
- Wet scrubbers have the capacity to handle temperatures which are high and also moist conditions.
- Both the particulate matter and gases can be removed by using wet scrubbers.
- Neutralization of corrosive gas takes place by the usage of the wet scrubber.
- Wet scrubbers reduce the volume and the temperature of exhaust streams.
- Wet scrubbers reduce the size of a vessel like a fan, ducts downstream etc. which are reduced. So ultimately the cost also reduces resulting in more flexibility.
- This is the reason why these scrubbers are also used in smoke stacks, as they can lead to condensation by using a distinct form of cooling mechanism.
- They are the most cost-effective and versatile way of controlling dust and dirt pollution as they can reduce a large number of impurities found in ketones, acids and alcohols.
Clearly, it is shown the wet scrubbers are very useful because they help in a minimal explosion and the chance of fire hazards will be reduced. Wet scrubbers have the ability to handle high humid gas streams at high temperatures also. Scrubbers have those skills to evaluate your systems performance, functioning, and effectiveness.