Selecting best floor tiles designs is one of the most important decisions when it comes to decorating or designing any space. It is good to have floor tiles which redefine the looks of your rooms. Floor tiles designs determine the mood and look of the space and therefore must be selected properly, without hurrying. You will find a plethora of options when it comes to floor tiles and thus it is an important part of interior design. Not only are there a variety of beautiful designs but diverse material available in the market for best floor tiles designs… For any space, the selection of proper design and material of floor tile are required. This can entirely change the look and vibe of a space. To select the best floor tiles designs, one must understand and analyze the tiles and this process can give outstanding results.
Factors to Be Looked Up Before Selecting Tile Designs
Before selecting the best floor tiles designs, one must know what type of material is perfect for that space. The following list will help you in this regard:
Know About Different Types of Tiles Required in The Best Floor Tiles Designs:
- Ceramic Tiles: These tiles give a glazed and polished look usually; unpolished ones are also available in the market. They are available both in plain and decorated. These are the best floor tiles designs that give a very modern look to your floor and provide an excellent finish.
- Cement/Concrete Tiles: Cement/Concrete tiles are extremely strong and durable, and therefore are perfect for using on the floors of exteriors and driveways. They offer a good grip since they do not have a smooth finish.
- Mosaic Tiles: Mosaic tiles are made from glass, ceramic, porcelain or natural stone. They come in unglazed or glazed versions and they add color to space. They are usually good for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Stone Tiles: They include marble, granite, limestone etc. They are mainly used for living space, bathrooms and kitchen. They are durable and give a very classy look to space.
Things to Remind Before Selecting the Right Tiles:
- Make Space Appear Larger with Light Coloured Tiles: If space is small and does not have a lot of natural lighting, light coloured tiles are the best… White, beige, crème and sand are some of the good choices of colour and the perfect material would be ceramic, marble or porcelain. Larger tiles help in making the space look bigger.
- Creating Modern Aesthetic Design with Concrete: Concrete tiles give a very modern upscale tone to a space. Concrete has a few advantages like durability and customization. These are the best floor tiles designs that can be customized according to space so one can have a surfeit of options with this material. The size, colour, and texture – everything can be set accordingly.
- Ensure Slip Resistance: A lot of tiles tend to be very slippery, especially with water on the floor. While purchasing tiles it is important cto heck the coefficient of friction and buys accordingly. Best materials to choose can be slate, ceramic and pebble stone. Smaller size of tiles also ensures resistance.
- Check Porosity: Porosity is the ratio of air holes to solids in a tile. This impacts the amount of water it can absorb. If the installation is happening in water prone areas such as ba athroom or laundry room, one must keep in mind the porosity classifications.
- Choose Ceramic Wood Over Real Hardwood: Wooden finish gives a classic look to the floor. It is better to go for ceramic wood since its comparatively low maintenance. In addition, these floors are also scratch and moisture resistant as well as durable.
- Stone Tiles for Luxurious Finish: Stone tiles can do wonders and can elevate the look of any or every space. They look impressive and are durable as well. Marble, granite and travertine are good options in this case.
These factors, if kept in mind while looking for floor tiles, can give amazing results when it comes to the decor. Also, it enhances your chances of having a gorgeous and exquisite floor which is glamorous and at the same time is of high quality. Make sure you know your tiles before you go to the shop. That way you can always come home with the best. It is good to make hay while the sun shines.